Wednesday, March 12, 2014

I'm Just Another Dreamer in Paradise - Why I Decided to Blog

Sup, guys?

...Wait.
Can I start over? Please?


Hi.

As an introduction, I'd like to formally welcome you to my new blog: "An MK Thing" (If you actually needed that sentence, I really do love people like you - you make introducing these sorts of things a whole lot easier. And slightly less awkward....) And for those of you who have either forgotten about us or somehow missed the reason why the Michael family suddenly left America for 3 years, we are working as undercover agents at the Department of... Haha, I'm kidding. Please, I'd love it if you laughed at my less then honorable humor.  Actually, we are serving as a support team for Wyliffe Bible Translators on an island just north of Australia. Papua New Guinea is in the middle of the South Pacific Ocean and is the home of over 850 language groups.

I am nearing the very end of my high school career as well as my time in Papua New Guinea. PNG has become my home and leaving it and all the life-long friends I have been blessed with will be the hardest thing I'll ever do.

This blog will cover my feelings toward wrapping up my life in Ukarumpa, my new experiences as a college student in the midst of culture shock, my frustrations regarding taxes, money, food, hairless men, politics, and everything in between. But most of all, I pray this blog will act as an encouragement to you. I will be fighting battles that may speak to you, I'll have a few victories and a truck-full of failures, I'll have moments of excitement and dread, hope and despair, joy and sadness. I want to use this as a tool to let my readers know that everything, no matter how painful it is in the middle, will turn out just right in the end. I will state my point, don't worry, I'm a writer, stating is what I do. But I am also a Christian and I have faith in the knowledge that God has a plan for me, and every second of every day, I'm just stumbling through the pages of an already written book, anxious to find my Creator. And I will (hopefully) approach my blogs as such.

I hope you enjoy this! Because this is a blog strictly for family and friends, please, if you ever have any questions, comments or if you ever need to vent, please let me know. I'd love to listen.

From
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment